inflames

Baseband Member
Hellow people,

How's everyone doing?

I have a little question..

I'm running Windows XP Pro, I have 2 users on the computer:

1- Mine (Admin)
2- Brother (User/Power User)

I was wondering, is there any option or anything I can do in group policy editor that enables time restriction to my brother's account?

Like it be only possible for him (his account) to work (be accessable) at ONLY a specific time?

If so, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

i thought i saw somthing about this when i was going through all that...in a snap in perhaps. i cant remember.

heres some info

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Terminal-Services-Group-Policy.html

/Logoff Causes a logoff after the Group Policy settings have been refreshed. This is required for those Group Policy client-side extensions that do not process policy on a background refresh cycle but do process policy when a user logs on. Examples include user-targeted Software Installation and Folder Redirection. This option has no effect if there are no extensions called that require a logoff.

above taken from
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316917

Thanks for the info, the terminology is confusing though, I dunno what exactly means what... but I guess I'll keep looking around there...

And guess I'll wait to see if someone points me towards something specific which solves the issue..

thanks again :)

How do I restrict a User's Logon hours?

You can only restrict when a user can log on to the system. On a stand alone computer, there is no way, currently, to force a user to log off when their hours expire.

1) Open Help and Support and type "logon hours" (without the quotes) in the search box.
2) Go to Full text matches and click on "Net user". See the examples for setting a user's logon hours. Some examples would be:

net user johnsw /time:M-F,08:00-17:00
net user johnsw /time:M-F,8am-5pm
net user marysl /time:M,4am-5pm;T,1pm-3pm;W-F,8:00-17:00
net user johnsw /time:all (this one means this user can always log on)

3) Open a Command Prompt window.
4) Enter the appropriate "net user" command for the user(s) you wish to restrict access for.

If you need to force a user to log off when their hours expire, you may want to investigate Access Boss, from FS Pro Labs.

accessboss

you can use shutdown.exe to force a shutdown at a specified time. he can abort it by running shutdown -a but most dont know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom