Wireless Technology Hardware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfare

Baseband Member
Hi everybody,

I seem to have a little issue with my other laptop, it's a Compaq Presario 2000. I recently had to reinstall Windows XP clearing all of the harddrive for other reasons. Everything went successful but when I try press the button to turn on the Wireless Funtion it doesn't turn on so I can't access the internet from my friend. We live in the same house and he has a D-Link Wireless Router which sends me access to the internet. Does anyone know how I can get the Wireless Funtion on my laptop working again, and why has this happened?

Thanks alot!

It's not a card it in build-in. How do I install drivers for hardware without access to the internet?

Do you have a cd that came with the laptop. If not download the drivers on the computer you are on right now and burn them to cd. Also you maybe able to connect with cat5 cable if your nic was installed. Right click on my computer, go to properties - hardware - device manager. See all those things with yellow exclamation points those are things that need drivers installed.

Where do I find the drivers to install, where abouts to I download them to?

I connected my problemed laptop up to wired internet so I don't need the Wireless Hardware to access the internet. I have tryed to install some of the drivers which are missing a few have worked but most haven't saying it couldn't find some software that wizard needs to install them. Where do I get this software?

Go back to the device manager, double click on the devices that need drivers , the ones with yellow triangels, and choose update driver, and then use search the internet.

It came up with the same message saying it needed certain software when I tryed to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom