New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyterm

Beta member
Hi,

I am in the process of putting together a new PC. Now, I am at the motherboard/CPU decision stage and was wondering if someone could shed some little on the following scenario. I was originally looking at AMD with new Asus A8N32 SLI board, but then got to thinking.....how long will the AMD CPU's be around as I am sure they will be bringing a new generation of CPU out that will use DDR 2 instead of old DDR ram. Then I thought to myself Intel already supports DDR2 and thus their future processors will support DDR2 for a while still.....this will provide a nice upgrade path for me as opposed to AMD.....well unless AMD still plan on making the current AMD CPU's for like the next to years or so. Maybe they will make their newer CPU's backward compatible to run DDR & DDR2....has anyone got any idea's on this scenario.....any info would be greatly appreciated.

check out amd's site, im sure if anyone has info on when they will release this, or if it will be backwards compatible, it would be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom