boot up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentassassin

Baseband Member
all of a suddem my computer has decided to freeze at startup(before windows takes over) at verifying DMI pool data

i did some research last night and it says it can be many things...i checked the connection, jumper setting, bios, all of that and it's all correct..what could it be...also it never did this before

That happened to me before. i reinstall windows and everything worked fine.

you might check the ram??

I agree with nuke, but if you need to back up stuff, try to do a repair first

then once you have everything saved, reinstall it *like new

tried repair...didn't work...i am gonna reinstall tonight just hoping i don't lose all my stuff on my other hd...i think i got a virus...cuz i first lost the ctrl+alt+del function...then files started missing...then it shut down...so i restarted and got that

if you do a reinstall, (partition and format) then you will loose all your data...

can you put your hard drive in another computer and take the files you need off and back them up somewhere else?

When it is "verifying DMI pool data" it actually reads the boot info. So it maby HD problem, but most likely it is problem with windows (boot sequence files), witch could be the result of some virus work. Happened to me once...

Most probably your only solution is reinstall windows, but also try to repair functions included on the windows CD (boot with it, and select repair).

You can back up using your HD on other PC or installing another OS on secondary HD (if you have one) and connecting it as primary or use Linux Live CD to boot and backup than.

boot off of your xp cd , go to the repair console...you will need your admin password, if it is configured. use the fixboot option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom