Buying a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy_photon

Beta member
Hi,
I need an advise to buy a laptop

Here is what I need
I am a computer engineering student, last year,.
I got the money now but not sure to have it again, and it's not all mine, I will have a loan too so it's an action of a lifetime

I don't play games, or watch movies… so I guess graphics don't need to be high quality
I need a lot of ram , coz my time is limited
Dial up modem & network card too
Wireless network would be nice

Price not high as much as possible

Last but not least, I am not that strong so I need it to be light , I am so transportable and most probably without a car. So I do run sometimes :)

So any suggestions, and if possible provide links.
Thanks in advance

Check out dell's laptops. The college i go to uses all dell laptops. Students in any computer related department is required to lease one from the school, and the have different models, for different courses. Dell's have some of the best deals out there, and they are so huge that their support is ample. Their support was terrible a few years ago, but they seemed to have straightened that out.

Go configure a system their, keep the high end graphics options out, since you didnt say what you are actually useing it for, im not going to suggest memory size, but if your not gaming, or doing any thing graphics related, ie movie editing, design, cad, etc... you probably wont be needing much more than 512mb of ram.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot
öAbout graphics, I do some photoshop and Macromedia flash...
But I am using 512 M memory on my PC and no complaints...

waiting for any more suggestions and thanks again

I agree with sCribes, Dell laptops are known to be very good quality, and they have excellent customer service. You are looking at about $600 - $700 on your requirements from dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom