3700+, Vid Card, mobo, PSU any good together???

Status
Not open for further replies.
BColes said:
Thanks for the input guys. Please refer to my second post, please.
The Ultra-D (and the CF-DR) most certainly supports the X2. Head over to dfi-street.com if you would like to talk to people with an Ultra-D and an X2.

P.P. Mguire said:
I persoanly believe (not from being a fanboy) that the GTX512 w/ 24 pipes will cream the XT. IMO of course. I will wait to make full judgement on that when benchmarks i trust come out.
a biased statement indeed. having 512mb will not improve preformance in the slightest, now if you would have said "I persoanly believe (not from being a fanboy) that the GTX512 w/ 24 pipes and 550/1800 clockspeeds will cream the XT.", then it would not have been so biased. IMHO

003 said:
The Ultra-D (and the CF-DR) most certainly supports the X2. Head over to dfi-street.com if you would like to talk to people with an Ultra-D and an X2.

a biased statement indeed. having 512mb will not improve preformance in the slightest, now if you would have said "I persoanly believe (not from being a fanboy) that the GTX512 w/ 24 pipes and 550/1800 clockspeeds will cream the XT.", then it would not have been so biased. IMHO

Are you serious? Are you calling him a fanboy just because he didn't say "and 550/1800 clockspeed"? I think he meant that 550/1800 w/ 24 pipes would pwn the XT, at least that is what I thought he was saying. Why are you so quick to call someone a fanboy just from a statement like that? Did he say "OMFG the GTX is going to have 512 RAM? That is teh pwnage! That is going to be the most 1337 card made!"? I didn't think so.

I'm not calling him a fanboy. I also think the new 7800GTX will be considerably faster than the X1800XT. Sorry, I've just been on a posting spree.

Beefcake said:

But the X1800XT can run some games such as FarCry that have HDR support w/ fulll AA which the GTX can't be done (I think all it can do with HDR enabled in FarCry is 2x AA), except HL2: Loast Coast which the GTX can fun HDR w/ full AA.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27368

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27428

I plan on getting the new GTX w/ 512MB but I will wait untill I get some benchmarks.

I heard that you cannot run AA and HDR at the same time on the GTX..

wow, please delete this thread. This isn't supposed to be about the video cards. I was just posting that so you would know i was going high end, NOT for a debate. DELETE!

Did you catch my post that the Ultra-D is 100% compitable with the A64 X2?

There are exceptions when it comes to the GTX with HDR and AA. HL2: Lost Coast is one of only games that the GTX can have HDR and AA, But I hear that FarCry can only have 2x AA w/ HDR with a GTX, but that may not be true. Valve wanted to showcase the "true" HDR and they didn't want to turn away people with Nvidia cards so they optimized it to work with AA even when using HDR.

If I were you Bcole, I would wait and see just how good Nvidia's new card is before you buy your video card. Plus this might force ATI to lower their price for their cards or vice versa and Nvidia might lower their cards.

It will also put pressure on ATI to release an XTPE or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom