Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me put it this way, when the pc posts, it looks for RAM and video first, if they are defective or it can not initialize either it will bbep a code. so I have gotten to the point that when I hear the beeping I auto think ram or videoe, 90% of the time it is ram, the rest a vid card that needs reseating.

Ok this is the second time this is happend to me when updateing something in my computer should i just unplug everything then pretty much put my computer back together and then try booting with the new ram or old ram?

You know the old ram works right, so try using that first, try different mem slots if it doesn't work in the first on. If this works or doesn't work pop that one out and try another stick of mem, same thing, try different slots and see if anything happens. If it still doesn't work it is probably you video card.

Ok well i took everything out of the computer cleaned it up put the old stick in turned it on didnt work switched slots turned it on didnt work switched to last one didnt work, tried another stick downt he row didnt work tried the last stick downt he row didnt work.

Well the only thing I can think of is that either the video card is bad, the cpu and or mobo are bad, or something is wrong with your power supply....but I doubt it is your power supply.

Maybe if you remove the power cord
remove the ram
remove the processor
remove the vid
clear cmos
let it sit over night
i have seen stranger stuff work before

Yeah well I talked to one buddy and he got stumped brang it to a company and he said most likely its the mobo that shorted out i could have not pushed the ram allt he way down and shorted the mobo when i turned it on, i bought a new mobo and a new power supply cause i needed a new one anyways should get them in in a day or so (can only order my stuff over the net retail stores dotn carry what i need)

if i fix it ill come back and let you all know it was the **** mobo (my fault really cause i was dumb and didnt push the ram in all the way DOH):mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom