IE and the pop-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_F1

In Runtime
Ok first thing first. i got a pal here that has a problem with his Internet Explorer (IE). Its not working in a way that evrerytime you open it, a message will show and you will end up pressing the "end now" button. mesage shows "IE needs to be shutdown...somthing like that. anyway, we can browse the net using Outlook so currently we dont deal much on the IE problem since we can still browse the net but anyway, if anyone here knows the solution for this, youll be of great help to us.

second thing, on my PC, IE is ok but i have a problem with my pop up. everytime a click a certain link that needs a new window to open, it will not show you only the IE window with nothing on it. i already check with my spyware and ad aware and delete all the unnesesary files but still got the same problem.

right now im using netscape to reach some help.
anyonw? thanks.

what an IE repair? where can i find it? as ive said I already use SPybot and Ad-aware software and delete files a ssociated to it but still got the same problem.

Thanks.

In the error message that u get, click on "details button". Look for the entry that says "module name". If it says winshow.dll do the following.
click on start, run type cmd, hit ok
go to the following directory c:\windows\system
type in the following command
regsvr32 /u winshow.dll
this is a spyware that is creating a lot of problem these days
hope this works

Thanks alot for all your info.
ok for those who will encounter the same problem... i use first the system restore in WinXP ( for the Pc that has the IE error) then follow what maverick says since system restore is not of much help.
anyway, i still have this pop-up problem on my own PC. :)
thanks again

Press_F1 said:
Thanks alot for all your info.
ok for those who will encounter the same problem... i use first the system restore in WinXP ( for the Pc that has the IE error) then follow what maverick says since system restore is not of much help.
anyway, i still have this pop-up problem on my own PC. :)
thanks again

Give this a shot.

Go into the Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs/Windows Compnents.. The uncheck IE then click next. This will remove it from the system. Then reboot. Then do the samething, but this time add it back. Then reboot. Then go to www.microsoft.com and download/install IE6 w/spa even if you have XP just do it again, then reboot. This "should" take care of any IE glitches.

try the IE repaire first
type inf in the start->RUN
look for a file by the name-ie (.inf)
-right click andchoose the install
-may ask for CD(winxp)
in the white box type-c:\i386
hit OK
would repaire IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom