How to clone (copy) the contents from one HD to another (not backup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
I have got two External HDs (HD_A and HD_B), I want to copy my work from HD_A to HD_B.(i.e if I have got 40 folders and 60 files on HD_A, I should be able to see 40 folders and 60 files on HD_B. I should be able to access (open , delete, modify) folders and files on HD_A as well HD_B).

Backup gives me one folder containing every thing. If I used backup, I will not able to access any file or folder on HD_B (which is I do not want this). I am looking access folders and files on HD_A as well on HD_B.

One week later I added another 10 folders and 13 files to HD_A.

How can I add these new folders and files to HD_B as well? (it is obvious I can added them manually, but it is not always easy to remember which folders or files are news ).

Therefore I am looking for a program to do that (not manually) for me, comparing between two HDs (my case HD_A and HD_B) and add the new folders and files to the one that it does not have (my case HD_B) them (only new folders and files)?

Note: Differential Backup is not the one I am looking for.

no matter what you want to call it, copy, sync. backup, this will do it.

Which Backup Modes to useThe ABE offers you three backup modes:

Full: All files that match your selection are included into the backup.
Incremental: Only those files will be included which have been changed since the last backup.
Differential: Only those files will be included which have been changed since the last FULL backup.

We suggest you to choose one of the following three approaches of using the Backup Modes:

"Always Full" - every time you back up all project's included files, whether some of them were changed or not. This approach is good when the project includes not so large amounts of data.
"Full+Incremental" - you create a full backup relatively seldom: once a month, or once a week, or on achieving some important point in your work. All other backups you create with Incremental mode, getting backed up only files changed since the last backup (whatever its mode was). This approach is good when the project includes too many files to back up them all each time. It's fast and takes less time for incremental backups. Incremental backups take less disk space. It allows you to create backups frequently. However, to restore all the files, you have to restore the last full backup, and all the following incremental backups.
"Full+Differential" - is intermediate between the first two approaches. It is also good when the conditions are intermediate. Each differential backup includes all the project files changed since the last full backup. It takes less time and space than "Always Full", but more than "Full+Incremental". The good thing is that restoring is simpler than for (2) - you'll have to restore the last full backup and the last differential backup.

http://www.backuptool.com/backup_dnld.htm

no matter what you want to call it, copy, sync. backup, this will do it.
If you do backup to HD_B , you wont be able to access the folders and files on HD_B.

I guess I need to delete my post since my advice was ignored and it was the perfect solution to your problem.
Your advice has not been ignored, I have been searching for Total Commander full version since two hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom