Upcoming System for New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
4000+ man, for gaming. I think we need a sticky on this or something. A Dual Core will only make your PC CAPABLE of more, it won't improve its performance. Games are single-threaded and will remain like that for a while now, maybe even for a year. So having a Dual Core doesn't help you in games. To get a Dual Core that would perform like a 4000+ in games, you'd need to buy the X2 4800+, which is like $999 or something. So just stick with he 4000+. Also, try overclocking the Dual Core to like 2.8Ghz or 3.0Ghz. Not even in your dreams, unless you have a vaporcooling kit.

What do you think i can OC the vid card and CPU with the setup i have?

Hopefully looking for 4000+ to FX-55 OCing and 7800GT - 7800 GTX...

Thanks...

Garrett

4000+ will go to 3.0GHz with good air cooling, and the 7800GT might be able to be overclocked to 7800GTX if you're lucky. Some of them unlock to 7800GTX, some don't. Its still worth the price though.

awesome system man, the one im building is almost exactly the same, just a few differences....i think i may go with something like yours though, because its a hell of a lot cheaper.....hmmm i picked up an eVGA 7800GT that i maybe selling...if ur interested send me an e-mail....

-Andrew

nah thats alright and yeah this system is going to be pretty sweet...

Cant wait to build it...

Also nah im going to go everything new and make sure i can upgrade in the next year or two....

Since there is now rumor of a 5000+ coming i think im going to need to start saving right now!

yeah the card is brand new in box, i havent built my system yet, but when i heard about the price my friend was selling it for, i had to pick it up....

Cool then keep it...

I cant wait to build my own... itll be wicked and i can start gaming on a computer where it isnt choppy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom