Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racter

Solid State Member
Ok I just bought 2 sticks of 1g Roswell and i had 512 roswell in my computer i put the two gigs in and then tried rebooting my computer and no picture would show up. can memory cause this? tried puting my 512 in alone again and still no picture was showing up i pulled out my graphic card cleanedit up a bit put it back in tried the other port and still no picture.

did you turn the power off on the computer before r/r the ram ?
leave the case open, when you push the button on the front does the fans spin ? do the lights come on on the front...also ceck the back of the power supply for an on / off switch, you may have hit that, this will be on the back of the pc by the power supply fan,

Yes the computer is running but there is no picture going to the monitor. Im just wondering if bad memory would do this or if its my graphics card again

Start the pc with no memory and see if you get long beeps, if not it could be video or worst case cpu/mobo

I guess make sure you pc speaker is connected and then try a new video card maybe even a different type...if you use agp try pci or vise-versa.

turn off reseat the vid card
does the lamp stay yellow on the monitor or does it go green ?

I think i figured it out... i think its the ram i found little nicks on the pins... but then again i still cant get any picture when i have no memory plugged it WTF... this dostn make since it happen to me last time i updated my computer and i had to buy a whole new computer cause i couldnt figure it out. grr i put 2 new sticks of ram in and my Video Card dies... Kinda sounds stuiped to me

Ok one more time my main question is this

Can BAD memory (ram) or a burnt out memory slot (dunno if thats the case) cause there to be no picture to the monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom