7800gtx 512mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
VRAM over 256MB will have little to no effect on graphics performance unless you are running high settings at high resolutions eg. 1600x1200

apparently it's gonna have higher clock speeds aswell
I was googling around before, and apparently Nvidia are making them as 550MHZ core and 1800MHZ memory, and XFX are making them with a 580MHZ core and 1730MHZ memory,

I knew the 7800GTX 256MB wouldn't be Nvidia's flagship card as promising as the X1800XT was. Go 7800GTX 512MB all the way, or even get 2 of them and SLI them!

Holy [snip] !!! The extra RAM won't make that much difference, but 550/1800 clocks for a 24 pipe card??!!?! I was originally planning on snapping up an X1800XT, but I think that unless ATI does something FAST, nvidia has my $650 or so. I also read on theinq that it is susposed to have a 90nm core! I wonder how this monster overclocks!

EDIT
no its still 110nm, but ****...

Just remember to buy 2 and SLI them...thats the only way to go. :D

Just kidding...IMO one 7800GTX is a monster and you dont need any more than that for today's games.

Meh...both ATI and nvidia have pissed me off to no extent with their increasingly bad slack with this generation

Seems that with both x1800 cards and now 7800 cards they're simply increasing clock speeds on already existing fabrications and modifying the bios slightly...and in this case adding extra VRAM which is hardly an accomplishment

Can't believe that people are still buying into this sli crap when this is the end result...slack cores that just have clock speed bumped up...maybe I should start working for nvidia and overclocking 7800GTXs to Ultras so I can market them for a few hundred more :rolleyes:

Im Also leaning towards Nvidas 512Card now. But it has to be within my price range. I have $800-900 AU to spend on a card.

I also agree witn you guys SLI is just Nvidias excuse to not make newer cards.

Are you really going to spend that much on a graphics card that will end up several hundred dollars cheaper in a few months?

This is clever marketing and that's it...the only difference between this and the other 7800GTX that I can make out is the fact that this one has more VRAM...which won't do jack anyways...and they threw on a bigger heatsink and bumped up the clockspeed a bit

Far as I'm concerned this isn't much different than a 6800GT/Ultra...same core, they've just speedbinned them differently and in this case added memory to further trick the gullible consumer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom