Graphic Card Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with slip, over all for the price ati is probally the better way to go, but in no way are the nvidia higher quility cards crap. I have a fx 5900 ultra and my brother a radeon 9700, and even though benchmarks are close, when i look at his screen and mine since we used to have comps next to each other my comp ran smoother and looked better. We have the same set up besides the cards really. Both sets of cards are good at diffrent things, but i have to agree stay away from the lower costing fx cards i dont like them much. if you plan to get an fx get a newer 5700.My advice though is look at benchmarks and see what you like, but i would say buy an ati card.

Ok, I say if your budget is up to $200, screw all those cards and get a 9700 Pro for $195. It's better than the 5900 and will play HL2 a ton better. If you really have to choose one, the 5900 is the fastest on that list, but with HL2 looming on the horizon, ATI might be better because the 5900 wont keep up with the 9600 XT in that game.

Not a bad card, but the FX line gets bad marks from Valve for HL2, so be warned. $150 is a good price for that card and should perform well. I'm an ATI guy (for now) but it's hard to argue with the price/performance value of that card. Get it if the money savings are important and aren't too worried about HL2. I'm sure the game will still play fine on an FX card, just not as well as a radeon.

is hl2 the only game the 5900 will be bad on or will all future games be like that for the card....if so...I'll get the 9700 Pro

I'll just go with a good card right now, the 9700 Pro 128MB DDR 8x AGP

this is a good card right? does anyone have any objections as to why I shouldn't get this card? thnx

A safe bet! I have the AIW version and I love it. As far as I've seen HL2 is the only game with serious FX issues, but that doesn't boad well for future games, as HL2 is supposed to be the complete DX9 game. The engine will surly be used in many future games as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom