Need Help Quick! Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

zildjianchris

In Runtime
Ok, this is the story. A have a clients computer in which I re-installed widows. They had no driver cd's. The mo/bo has integrated ethernet. How do I get this working, so I can put in my internet cable to activate windows. Will I have to get mo/bo drivers? If so, how do I find out what mo/bo it is, and where do I get the drivers from. This is very urgent, nay help would be greatly appraciated. If I also need any other drivers, please let me know. The computer came with no driver cd's.
It has service pack 2.
Thank You
Chris

ok what OS did you install ?
what you will have to do is open 'er up and take a look at the mainboard. you will have to find a model number , then google the model number to find out who makes it, go to the website on another pc that has a burner. DL the drivers for the mainboard , burn them to the cd, you may want to unzip the drivers first to a location, then burn the location ( folder) to cd. Check your work when you are done to make sure what your cd has. If there are chipset drivers LOAD THEM FIRST, then the rest,
you could also just plug in a usb NIC or a PCI NIC they have a driver cd for the nic to install just that device. and then you could DL directly to the customers pc, I would rather not do that if there are CHIPSET DRIVERS THAT NEED TO BE INSTALLED, IF NOT TRY THAT, PCI nics cost what ..$10 ?

as you probably will find it is a good idea , especially if this is a pc at an office to back up email account settings, progs like quicken or money, the actual email, IE favorites , Documents,,and what ever, then clone the customers HD with ghost or a simular product to another hd, wipe there hd clean, reinstall the os and drivers, activate and DL all the service packs and updates from MS. and copy the cloned HD back to a folder where they can go through at there leasure and delete what they do not need.

Ok can you please help me, its called:
Micro-Star International
model: ms-6367
Chipset: Nvidia Nforce
SouthBridge: Nvidia VCP

Its running xp. It has already been re-installed, but with no other drivers installed. It has integrated ethernet. And they want it to stay like that. I want to activate by internet. Once this is done, should I be able to connect my internet and to be able to work straight away. Can someone please find me the drivers? Please. This is urgent.
Chris

Choose system and chipset driver then in the right drop box choose Nvidia, I am not sure which one you have Nvidia4, Nvidia3, my guess is download each one and try unless you know which it is.

is this a generic pc or is it like an e-machine or a Dell ?
the mainboard may have been made for them , so then you need to go to the manufacturer of the pc .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom