new computer help please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

archmotel

Solid State Member
I am building a new computer. I can get the computer to boot up, only after i clear the cmos, then i will get it to the bios, and it will lock up only after a few seconds. Then I will try to reboot the computer, and it will not reboot until, i clear the cmos again. If it helps ne, i have a AMD athalon xp 2800+ (333fsb). also i have a soyo kt400 dragon ultra platinum addition. If ne other info is need please post to this message. I APPRECIATE THE HELP ALOT. (this is my first computer I am building from scratch) THANK YOU :cool:

Man, sounds like maybe a Power supply problem. What's your PSU rated? 350W? That setup, depending on what all you have connected might be drawing too much juice. Try disconnecting everything but the CPU, RAM, and Video card and booting up then. If you can keep it booted in BIOS without it crashing after a few seconds, then you have found your problem. If not, post back and we'll go from there.

well, that shouldn't be it. You took the stupid plastic thing off the thermal paste on the HS, right? I doesn't sound too much like a heat problem, but you never know.

ya, actually on this HS there was a plastic cover. Also if it helps ne, when i can see it booting up, it does not recognize the CPU speed

The CPU is not recognized? Either you have the CPU installed incorrectly or the Mobo bad. Double check it, but I'd bet there is a prob with the Mobo.

all the stuff i got seems to be working ( im not sure bout the mobo) ne one know how to chek that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom