Rate my new system please !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT

Baseband Member
hey i recently sold my old PC, AMD 64 3200+, 1 gig ram and 6800GT for a new PC, i am aware that that PC was an alright PC however with all the new games coming out, FEAR, COD2 and so forth i wanted a machine that would run everything brillantly. therefore i splurged and bought a new comp, comments and a rating would be muich appreicianted, thanks.

MSI K8N Diamond SLI socket 939 motherboard

AMD 64 X2 3800+ dual core processor

MSI NX 7800GTX 256bit 256meg graphics card

2X 1 gig generic ram (2gig) (gonna upgrade to good stuff when i decide to OC)

160 gig barracuda hard drive

Thermaltake tsunami dream case with 450 watt power supply.

eventually i plan to upgrade the ram to better brand and also i want to put another 7800GTX in SLI, when i get the money.

thanks again.

Thats nice, its kind of like mine. But you should of done what I did instead and got a nice matched pair of OCZ dual platinum 2X512 low lat.. Or 2x1gigs. When you buy ram, dont get the cheap stuff.

yeah thats why i said i will be upgrading soon, i plan to put another 7800GTX in SLI and buy sum better ram, however i dont know what i should do....should i buy another 7800GTX or just use 1 and wait for the next gen of cards to come out that will no doubt beat 2 7800GTX's anyway.......also im a little confused as to why i am only gettting around 30 FPS in call of duty 2 (DEMO) with everythign maxxed out....i mean the way i see it....my system is far above what they ask for..

ok, do NOT get another 7800gtx, sli is too inefficient to warrant speding that much money, instead get some REALLY nice ram like g-skill

btw, i give ur system a 9 only cuz of the psu, with those components, dont use a crap supply that comes with the case

hey yeah my thoughts exactly on both comments, i feel the better ram will allow me to OC heaps now aswell, and about the PSU, i failed to mention the one i have in it now :p....its still TT but its a 480W that didnt come with the case however i still plan to buy around a 550W later on and maybe a nice X-Fi sound card.

GhOsT said:
hey yeah my thoughts exactly on both comments, i feel the better ram will allow me to OC heaps now aswell, and about the PSU, i failed to mention the one i have in it now :p....its still TT but its a 480W that didnt come with the case however i still plan to buy around a 550W later on and maybe a nice X-Fi sound card.

if u wanna get an X-Fi, get the extrememusic, its practically a bargain at $120. thats wut im getting:D

i don't like the msi motherboard but thats just me. in would get a
dfi sli-dr if u want sli but i would seriously consider just getting normal dfi-nf4 ultra-d as it will overclock better

also generic ram (but i understand ur reasoning) and the psu well already been said.....

overall 7.5/10 (mainly cos i dislike the motherboard and the psu)

mabe im to harsh :p

well if he was going to OC he would have gotten a DFi board and some nice ram but as you can see he is not OCing so the MSI board is fine with some cheap genric ram, corsair valueselect would have been better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom