oh PSU god lend me your wisdom~

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyotaka

In Runtime
oh PSU gods lend me your wisdom~

OK I don't know how much a wattage an average device uses and my case is rather.. overdone with drives so :/

just wondering how much wattage/voltage do these things pull on average and what PSU you'd recommend (budget minded)

MY current PSU's stats are
voltage 130/230V +3.3 32A ,+5 40A ,+12 24A
current 10A/5A -12 1.0A , -5 0.5A, +5sb 2.0A
frequency 60/50HZ

it has dual fans and is rather heafty

my setup currently is
two removable HDD racks (no drives in yet)
Liteon DVD+-R drive 8x max write
Liteon 16x DVD drive
seagate 20gb IDE 5200RPM Hard drive (OS)
maxtor 250GB IDE 7200RPM 8mb cache hard drive (data storage)
Maxtor 300 7200RPM 16mb cache (used for virtual drive images for my network computers and storage of anime)

socket 754 Nforce3 250 Mobo
sempron 64 2800+

Nvidia Geforce 440MX SE 128mb DDR

Firewire PCI card

PCI IDE 2 channel raid card

PCI slot video card cooler
3 fan 5.25 bay cooler (between the DVD-Roms to keep cool airflow and cool those hot suckers down!)

systemdoc 5 thermal monitor/fan controller
5 total 80mm case fans

is the system unstable cos if it is then the psu might be the prob but if its stable then its fine

it seems stable. but i really don't trust the no name PSU.. n ever heard of "lead power" brand

Easiest way to find your answer is to monitor your 12v rail under load with a multimeter...if its under/overvolting by 5% or if its fluctuating like crazy it is not so good

gaara said:
Easiest way to find your answer is to monitor your 12v rail under load with a multimeter...if its under/overvolting by 5% or if its fluctuating like crazy it is not so good

Yeah, multimeters are cheap... like $19.00 - $30.00.

You just need to know how to properly use them... One mistake and pffff.... ahhhhhhhhhhhh what did i do?

Yes, I realize that there is software out there that can monitor your rails for you...however taking speedfan for example, they are not reliable...not even your bios voltage readings are neccesarily set in stone

The only 100% way to know what your voltage is looking like is to use a multimeter...software just simply isn't an accurate or reliable way to do it

For a DMM to be effective though you gotta know how to use it, and not shorting out anything, cause you gotta test Volts while computer is actualy on.

gaara said:
Yes, I realize that there is software out there that can monitor your rails for you...however taking speedfan for example, they are not reliable...not even your bios voltage readings are neccesarily set in stone

The only 100% way to know what your voltage is looking like is to use a multimeter...software just simply isn't an accurate or reliable way to do it

the digital doc 5 is actually a 5.25 bay fan controller/temp moniter has a built in multimeter (not software end)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom