Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
yeah i just recently fried up my CPU and meybe motherboard.... dont ask. lol, but yeah im just looking around for sumthen cheap for now, i was looking at this "Chaintech 7KJD Socket A Motherboard with Duron 1.4 GHz Processor" its like the mobo that comes with the processor, but yeah thier selling it for only 100 bucks [canadian], the comp that im putting this in is only used for MS werd, internet, msn... etc. no hardcore gaming er anything. but yeah i was just wondering if its worth it, or is thier sumthen better out thier in the same price range?

i have built this same combo for my sister. it was the KSOM 1400+ combo. it had mediocre performance, i would asume all durons have poor performance. i could not get my non-3D games to work.

DVD video played a bit laggy also. with that budget i would get a combo with at least an athlon or a lower end XP processor. look around there are amazing deals with these combos.

ok so i was looking around a bit more, this combo deal looks like it would be a bit better and its like ten bucks more, its "Mercury KT266A Socket A USB 2.0 Motherboard with Duron 1.6 GHz Processor" its like 111.00 [Canadian] so all i would have to do is buy the heat since for this and i should be good so all togetha like 120ish, so u think this is a better deal?... or could u point me to a better deal in the same price range on a canadian site?...

A_Zip1 maybe you missed my point or didn't care, but what i was trying to say is durons and celerons should be avoided like the plague. maybe as a notebook procesor it is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom