quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew it meant hardware abstraction layer

but isnt the purpose it is just to act as a "barrier" between software and your computer hardware.

Easy one:

Timmy just bought a new motherboard and components. He hasn't bought the case, though, and he really wants to test out his new stuff. So he hooks it all up without a case, but then realized there's no power button. How can Timmy start his computer?

Dan

Juice daddy is right, look in the mainbord manual and find the corrct pins for the power on button, then take a jumper ( the little black plastic with metal clip inside) and momentarily touch the 2 pins that the power on button goes. do not use any metal opjects. I lost a K6 mainboard doing this. I was holding the jumper with forcepts and slipped and shorted the wrong pins with the side of the forcepts.
..there was a slight spark and it did not ruin the board competely, just knocked out what ever option the pins were, which in the long run made it unusable. It has to be momentary also, if you leave it "on" the jumper it will start and then shut down, just like if you held in the button. Just make sure Timmy does not drip any sacrafical blood on the board.

all he has to do is ground the black wire to somthing which is basicly what tractorboy and juicedaddy said

apokalipse Then that one fatefull day in the 2020 when you short out a mainboard with a screwdriver in front of the president of the company...you will think ...ohhh thats what he was talkin' about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom