tv tuner might be dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its offical, the tv tuner card is dead. I took a spare hard drive, unplugged all my other hard drives, installed windows on it, and I still have the same problem as before. So its more than a windows mistake. Now its time to look for a new tv tuner card.

Any ideas?

the leadtek manuals i've read say to ignore the first windows hardware dialogues, install their software which will reboot the computer and then go through the dialogues. sorry i hate throwing out hardware lol. the tv2000xp FM is the model up from the old card i used to have. i liked that card a lot, the only problem with it is that sound and video get out of synch with the higher quality settings and i think that the tv2000xp fm has the same problem. i can't help much with the other cards. but i still think that card is good value for money despite the synch problem.

Yeah, I have installed the software many times. How ever this time I use thier software and go through the install process. It doesnt work like it has in the past. I can install the pvr software and load it up, but i am prompted with a message that it cant find a capture device. In the device manager you could see the devices associated with the tuner, but they arent there any more, and some of them are under different names. I have no idea what caused this.

As I said before I tried the card on a fresh install of windows with no changes. I am wondering what else I can do to test it. I have a linux system but dont know it as well as i know windows. My last thought is to put it back in the pci slot and reset the bios to the default settings. Maybe something with the bios isnt meshing with the card. Do you think this has any probablity of working? Or maybe you can walk me though it with linux, would it even work with linux?

The bios idea didnt work at all. Oh well. I'll hang on to the card and began shopping for a replacement. Any brand or model suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom