My first attempt at building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Static_11 said:
good setup.. ill be making a new setup ($1000-$2000) when the new AMD socket comes out

yeah, me too, im trying to give myself around 2500

unicknn said:

ThermalTake / Silent PurePower / 560-Watt / ATX / Duall 80mm Fan / 24-Pin / SATA-Ready / Active PFC / Power Supply

You will not Buy a TT power supply, I will not allow it you can get much better PSU's for the money.

If you buy a TT I will kill you.

Buy this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104973

Its not only less money then the TT POS you posted but it actualy has Dual 12V rails. and has 36 Amps combined on the 12V rails while that TT pos you posted only has 22

I really starting to get pissed, people always want a TT at first look, looks good, but is shity inside.

i dont know anything bout psu's cept that brand matters... so i figure'd you would rail him for it instead of me because then i would be hippocritic

I swear ive steared more people away from TT psu's then I ever thought I would.

I swear to god, if I see another post where they want a TT im just gonna blow up, and die.

actualy when I die all my money and assets are going to the Space programs. :p

this was in janurary of 05
anyways, my orginal build was this
X-connect 400 watt
ATI radeon 9600xt
1 GB value corsair
IDE 80 GB WD drive
same mob its a Gigibyte not sure what model
just the CD-rW noe DVD rom
the audigy 2 ZS.
and a mid tower case since then I upgraded to this case, and the rest of the components you can see.

http://www.sundialmicro.com/silverstone_computer_case_ssttj05bw_1704_356.html
My computer sounds like a blow dryer with 5 fans, 2 120MM and 3 80MM the 2 120MM are 90CFM sunon fans.

I spent alot of money on my machine over the months, only cause i bought crappy components the first time which is why im so aditment when I reccomend parts, especially power supplies. Im also Getting A+ certified and going into networking, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Network+, MCSA, MCP etc etc.

then um... idk.. i guess ill be stuck with my socket a, 300 watt psu, Asus mobo, no dvd drive, ati radeon 9550 :(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom