quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's one for you graphics gurus

Problem:

Timmy is wanting to make an animated banner for his website...and he wants the title to be scrolling across the banner horizontally he is using Adobe ImageReady for his animation...how does he make the text scroll from the left side to the right?

All this hard work has paid off for Timmy. He now has the largest computer company in the World, after he purchased Microsoft last week. Bill Gates is now Timmys assistant, getting him coffee and picking up his dry cleaning. Timmy still does not want to lose any customers so when his best customer on the other side of the country calls in and is irate becuse they can not get to Timmys website or the internet, claiming they get the error " no dial tone detected " . The customer has dial up, with one phone line going from the wall to the internal modem. Timmy has them check the phone line by unplugging the line at the modem and plugging the line into a phone. ( The customer is calling in on their cell phone ). The customer said there is a dial tone and they made a call to a neighbor. Timmy has them plug the phone line back into the correct port on the modem and has them double check to make sure they did not plug it into the NIC. Timmy has the customer check in properties of the modem, the diagnostic, he gets result codes back from the modem. Timmy questions the customer further and finds that the modem got the " no dialtone detected " after a thunder storm the previous night..what should timmy do next ?

the answer for my question was the ram.. yeah i wasn't really specific about the question.

Sounds like you burned a chip to me. If the phone got a dial tone, I'd try the modem in another PCI slot. And double check that the cord isn't in the ln-out jack of the modem.

Dan

I stated that the phone cord was in the correct port
you are real close , Dan
so what should Timmy tell the customer ?
the customer is remote, so it is impossible to go there,anyway
Timmy's corporate jet is getting a bowling alley installed so it is out of service ( Timmy really likes to bowl)
The customer does not have another pc
what should Timmy tell them to do ?

If moving it to another PCI slot doesn't work and walking him through reinstalling the drivers doesn't work, I'd buy a new modem.

Dan

THATS RIGHT , DAN

The result codes , run from diag in the modem properties just test the modem up to the outside. The phone line was checked, as was the that the line was plugged into the right port on the modem and the clue that it happened after a T-storm, so there must have been a high energy pulse on the telephone line. Timmy can tell them to R / R the modem, or if they are uncomfotable with removing the modem can get an external modem to connect to a com port ( not a new pc ) and they can go to device manager and remove the bad modem from all hardware profiles in the modems props.

apokalipse, thats right. 192.168.0.1

problem: timmy has just bought a second hand dvd-rom drive. he bought it from a friend whose job used to force him to move to different places around the world fairly often. when he installs it he finds he is unable to watch a region encoded movie from australia

question: what is the likely cause of him not being able to watch an australian movie? for extra credit how many changes to this are allowed by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom