6800 GTOC Agp Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wet

Beta member
Ok, So its my birthday :cool:, so i went out and got a new video card. I connected everything correctly and started up my computer, the gfx card lit up blue and I thought everything was working fine, but the only think the moniter displays from the card is a distorted image. I was told this could be due to a low watt supply, is this true?

Well what PSU do you have?

What drivers do you have installed? (81.85 is the newest ones, and I haven't had a problem with them. So get these off the nvidia website.)

And finally if all else fails, return it for a replacement.

I have about 350 watts, which it says is the minnimum. I cant install the drivers because i cant get to my desktop.

minimum reqs are baaaaaaaaaaaaad.. get a new psu :D lol.. or return it as it might be a driver

ehh, I'm sure he meant 400w or something.

Anyway, it's not all about wattage...if you have a crappy quality PSU and it has a weak +12v line then you're screwed.

If you've got an 800w power supply but your +12v line is only rated for 10a it still wouldn't run that card.

Your powersupply should have atleast 20-22a for a simple system with that card.

I've got a friend running a socket 754 board, a 3200+ CPU, a 6800GT AGP and his PSU is only 17a on the +12v which seems a bit low to me, but hell it runs it...still I'd recommend nothing less than 20a.

wouldn't be surprised if your PSU is 15a on the +12v line which is way too small.

you can find that info out by the sticker that's generally on the side of a PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom