Lost Recyle Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy hoffa

Baseband Member
A good friend of mine accidently deleted the desktop icon for the Recycle Bin. She has Win XP, and can't find recycle in programs. How do I find it , and create a new desktop icon????. I am not 'educated' in XP. Probably simple---appreciate any help. Jimmy

Go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Choose a date for when she had the Recycle Bin Icon

OK, I thought of that, but was hoping it was somewhere else to copy and restore. I guess everything deleted will still be there????. Never done a restore before. Might be a good idea to copy the shortcut if you can't restore it!!!. Guess the program is still running , just can't access it. Thanks for your help. jimmy

Your sure it hasnt been changed to Norton protected Recycle Bin?

Yes, She said she has deleted some items since the icon has been gone--guess they will still be there waiting to be purged????. No protected NSW bin.

Thanks for the link, but its more about disabling the bin, not restoring it. I assume its still there, just no way to access it without the icon. I guess I will have to find out how long ago the "event" happened. Like I said , have no idea what the downside to system restore is. Thanks jimmy

I was just thinking that perhaps if you disable it, reboot and then enable it, that it will create a new icon.

Another thing, if you create a new administrive user and copy the files over to that user, you will get a new recycle bin icon. But thats a long process.

Allright I got it.

Open up windows explorer.

On the left hand side you will see Recycle bin.

Drag it to the desktop and it will create a shortcut!

Without the icon--which seems to be the only link to the program, I can't disable it--there is no trace of it , that I can find, no icon--no selecting , or disabling anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom