New motherboard install problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellis123

Solid State Member
Hello I tried to install a new motherboard and processor tonight, but ran into a bit of a problem. When I would boot up the computer I would go into the bios setting and select "optimized defaults" and save changes and exit. When the computer started to load windows I would lose all signal to the monitor? I would reset the bios and try adjusting some settings, but my vid card or monitor would not respond? I am using a AGP 8x card Geforce 5200,

The motherboard is a PC Chips M957G Socket 775 with a Celeron D 2.93ghz. Any help would be greatly appreciaited.

Thanks

Brent

uhhhh couple of things here, You never made a mention of installing windows, so if your trying to use an exsisting windows installation it could be causing this problem. Secondly the motherboard has integrated graphics card that could cause some problems as well, make sure its disabled in the bios. There could be a half a dozen other little problems, but 1 or 2 at a time.

Yes I am trying to use a existing windows install. So I will have reinstall windows and wipe everything out on my hard drives? Would I have to use a start up disk and partition and format the hard drive like in windows 98? I am using XP pro now and don't have a whole lot of expierience with it. Also I can't seem to find how to disable the onboard video in the Bios.

Thanks

Brent

Sui said:
uhhhh couple of things here, You never made a mention of installing windows, so if your trying to use an exsisting windows installation it could be causing this problem. Secondly the motherboard has integrated graphics card that could cause some problems as well, make sure its disabled in the bios. There could be a half a dozen other little problems, but 1 or 2 at a time.
1) Read the manual....no on-baord graphics....highly unlikely anyway.
2) Put in your XP CD and go into setup. When prompted, do a windows repair. You won't lose andy files but you will need to reinstall all of your hardware drivers. Once you are back into windows, download the most current Nvidia drivers.

Thanks for the info...

I will go ahead and give that a try when I get some more time since I had to put my old motherboard back in to make this post, lol.

Thanks

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom