$8000 dollar budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure their has to be lcds that go higher, my laptop (dell 9300) goes to 1920 x 1200 (its widescreen). It is weird though that i really dont see that many high resolution lcds in stores either

You don't need extremely high resolutions. The native resolution is usually high enough. And other resolutions will result in poor sharpness.
For 17" I think 1152 or 1280 is enough.

Alienwares are a waste of money.
an29.gif

correct me if im wrong but i believe the native resolution is the highest resolution the screen can support. I used to think 1280 x 1024 on my old desktop was enough but ever since i got my 9300 (w 17inch screen) i cant imagine using anything below that (given the screen may be closer to my face, but still, if i got a larger screen i definitely would want it to be uxga)

edit: for games i could understand 1280 x 1024 being enough, but if you use other programs that could benefit from the extra screen real estate (3d modeling is an example) then i dont think 1280 x 1024 is enough. Also, after using 1920 x 1200, i think everything looks so big (desktop, text, whatever) when going to a lower resolution on a 17 inch lcd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom