Monitor not Turning On

Status
Not open for further replies.

biomanz

Beta member
When I boot my computer my monitor just shuts down a second later but it's still running and loading. It's not the monitor, ram, nor the video card. I would shut the pc and monitor down, and replug the outlet cable to the monitor (sometimes several times) before the monitor starts "booting" up again. Has anyone experienced this problem or have an idea as to what could be wrong? Thanks.

I think I know what you mean. Check for dust in all the sockets. I had this kinda problem where my monitor just went to standby when I turned it and the computer on. I blew into the power socket, and 9 times out of 10 it worked after that.

Sounds like a connection problem. Is the power cord loose when plugged into the monitor, can you move it around and by doing so does the monitor turn on and off.

Re:

Hello,

Have you troubleshooting by substituting components...(swapping video cards and trying the monitor on another system...)?

I would suggest first finding a second monitor and try that on your pc, if it works you know its something with yoru monitor. Then try your monitor on a different pc, if you experence the same problem, then you should replace or repair the monitor.

If you have a problem with the new monitor on your pc, then it might be something with your graphics card, either bad drivers or a half dead video card. Did you recently upgrade the drivers for your video card?

does the indicator on the monitor stay green or does it go yellow ? how do you know that all the components you listed are ok ?

I tried a Dell LCD with the same problem, though it continued showing the bauge light so it shouldn't be the monitor. I also got a new video card with the latest drivers which didn't fix the problem. The wires are snug and fit.

tractorboy said:
BY any chance do you have an onboard video

Video on the Mobo? Yea I got one of those Intel Extreme Graphics chips on it but I can't think of how that'll cause the problem - this monitor problem started happening only 2 months ago :(

do you have a vga connector on the backplane with the usb...etc

Have you tried clearing your CMOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom