My Hyperlink Button In My Email Program Won't Open!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgarr

Beta member
I'm running a Dell 8250, Pentium 4, 2.78 GHz, 1Gig of RAM

The hyperlink box in my email program will not open for some reason and I'm at a complete loss as to why? I'm using Incredimail but I also have Outlook Express on my pc and the hyperlink box won't open there either. I have the text highlighted and even underlined...the box lights up but when I click on it it doesn't open so that I can paste the URL in. Go Here is highlighted and underlined but again the hyperlink box won't open so that I can paste the URL in that I want to link to. I have searched Google, Microsoft Knowledge Base, and I still can't figure this baby out. I need some expert help here. I'm afraid one of my settings must be wrong. Please help! :confused:

Maybe this :
Open My Computer and click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
Click the File Types tab.
Select URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol in the list of registered file types.
Click the Advanced button (Windows XP), or the Edit button (other versions).
In the list of Actions, select open and then click the Edit button.
The Application used to perform action box should contain this, including quotation marks:
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” -nohome
If instead it contains a short name version of that path, or an incorrect path, change it to the above.
Click OK, click OK.
Repeat steps 3-7 for the file type URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol with Privacy.
Click OK to close the Folder Options window.

cook said:
Maybe this :
Open My Computer and click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
Click the File Types tab.
Select URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol in the list of registered file types.
Click the Advanced button (Windows XP), or the Edit button (other versions).
In the list of Actions, select open and then click the Edit button.
The Application used to perform action box should contain this, including quotation marks:
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” -nohome
If instead it contains a short name version of that path, or an incorrect path, change it to the above.
Click OK, click OK.
Repeat steps 3-7 for the file type URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocol with Privacy.
Click OK to close the Folder Options window.

Hi Cook,

Thanks for the help my friend...I did try that a few days ago and I got it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom