What's wrong with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davie23223

Baseband Member
My friend's actually. When he buaght the game Black and White 2, it never worked with his Geforce4 mx 64mb DDr, but WoW worked fine. When he buaght his new BFG 6600 GT OC 128mb DDR and try to run Black & white 2 it worked but after playing for awhile, the screen turns black and says that he needs directx 9 or somethin, but he does have the latest version of direct x. When he ran WoW going into the game it kept freezing, he has to turn off the addons off then it'll run good. When he plays WoW normal his game freezes, his frame does but he can still move his guy by hearing sound, but his screen was frozen. The only thing I can think of is the PSU or maybe its the 6600 GT that is defective, but I want to make sure because I don't want to waste his money.

Computer specs:
Motherboard: K7S41GX http://www.asrock.com/product/product_k7s41gx.htm
Athlon XP 2800+ Barton
1gig kingston ram
120gig
(new) BFG 6600 GT OC 128mb DDR
350watts, +12V @ 12A
1 case fan on side & 1 big home fan blowing in
CPU temperature is at 61 and the slowdown is around 130

Oh yeh I'm not sure if it's the right motherboard, when the computer is turned on it says K7S41GX. I used that CPU-Z program and it also said K7S41GX, I googled K7S41GX and it said ASrock K7S41GX so i thought that was it. The AGP info on the ASrocket site says AGP 8X/4X 1.5V PCI 2 slots, PCI 2.2 AMR 1. But when he first buaght the computer he took off a sticker that was on the agp slot that said 3.3V, so im confused.

If anyone can help

davie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom