Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlebuddy

Beta member
Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting this particular computer set-up and would like everyone's advice/comments/criticism.

This is the core of my system the other odds and ends I already have,

A8N32-SLI Deluxe ASUS Motherboard
ATI X800 256MB (2 of them)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor
1 Gig of Ram

I am willing to go higher in the graphics card area if needed/suggested/required.

Also what do think of running 2 graphics cards?

Should I go the SLI route, or not?

If I don't go the SLI route, what sould I go with?

This system will be primarily for gaming and gaming only.

Any comments/suggestions/advice/criticisms are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks
littlebuddy

dont get x800s they suck if you want ati get a single x1800xl (or xt) but if you can't afford that get a 7800gt (or 2) btw if u want 2 of the x1k series cards, u need to wait for crossfire mastercard to come out.

003 said:
dont get x800s they suck if you want ati get a single x1800xl (or xt) but if you can't afford that get a 7800gt (or 2) btw if u want 2 of the x1k series cards, u need to wait for crossfire mastercard to come out.

7800GTX beats an X1800XL but a X1800XT beats a 7800GTX.

I would also suggest not going with X800s. Go with a 7800GT or an X1800XT.

ATM there is really no need for 2 cards especially if you get a 7800 or X1800 series card. But it still might be a good idea to get an SLI compatible board just incase you get a second card later.

what I did was get an sli board and a 7800gt (1), or you could get gtx, either will play games on full, and then wait to see which way technology goes and either buy another 7800(it will be cheaper) or get a whole new generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom