Graphic card probs =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acuto

Solid State Member
Okay, so I brought a Geforce FX 6200. But when Iinstalled it, the bios says it's there, but I can't install te drivers because the disc says that there's no hardware found, any help?

My computer OS is Windows XP professinal.

remove ALL your old video card drivers (uninstall them) and download latest drivers from nvidia. (also make sure the card is firmly in the slot.

take out the card, uninstall all the old drivers, install the new driver, THEN put in the card.

Dan

The Driver CD I got with my computer says "The Graphics Adapter installed in the system is not compatible with the current sets if drivers" so I can't install the new drivers.

Acuto said:
The Driver CD I got with my computer says "The Graphics Adapter installed in the system is not compatible with the current sets if drivers" so I can't install the new drivers.

the drivers on the cd will now be old...go to

www.nvidia.com

and download the latest drivers

I've downloaded drivers from nvidia, and I get "The NVIDIA setup program cannot locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware"

Also, I know that it's in because wen I start my computer up, it says the card name.

Unistall all the graphics drivers. As said above. Type Regedit in Run and remove anything in you registry that says nvidia. Now your drivers are not present and your registry is clean. Addiitonally, I would check to see if the Nvidia folder remains in the programs folder on drive C: If so, delete the entire folder, reboot. Reinstall the freshly downloaded Nvidia drivers. It appears that that card does not have aux power. If the card were bad you would get a continuious high pitch screech from the mobo at initial boot. Try all that.

How do I delete the old drivers? Sorry, I don't know alot about computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom