What Memory Slots should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
On my Asus MOBO
Asus P5RD1-V

It has 4 slots, A1, A2 Then B1, B2 The 1's are the same color and the 2's are a dif color blue/black. so the slots are not paired in same colors or numbers.

I am using this ram
Corsair Ram

I have them in the A1 and A2 slots, which are right beside eachother one black, one blue, is this the corect way to have them installed.

well yes...u cant really installl them incorrectly cause there all 182 pin...i dont think it would matter if u put them in the B1 and B2's either...

yeah but one will give him dual channel configuration which is obviously better, the other will be single channel.

You want each stick in A1 and B1....A would be channel A, B would be channel B, and for 'DUAL' channel you'd want each channel.

If you've got them both in channel A then you're running single channel...most boards ( and it seems so with this one too ) will run dual channel when the RAM is placed in the same color slot...so you need to have the RAM in either both blue, or both black for dual channel...double check with your manual to confirm...

Run CPU-Z and check the memory tab, if it says single channel then you definitely need to put it like I just said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom