Javascript problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrobot

In Runtime
Hello,
I'm not on my Dad's pc a lot, but today I was trying to access Yahoo! Music on it. When I go there (Using MyIE2, or just IE) Half the page is gone, the sign-in link isn't there, and when I click on a music video, it just sits there, and won't open. (The link uses javascript to open another window.) Dad has mentioned before that javascript stuff didn't always work. He's running 98SE, and he has Stop Sign for his pop-up blocker and anti-virus. I tried turning his pop-up blocker off, and it didn't work. I went to Internet settings, and set the security levels to low. I enable scripting, and Java, but still it wont work!

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

i had the same problem before, all i did was turn off norton internet security and it let me see the video. If you have some sort of security/anti-virus/firewall crap on that computer then turn it off while you click on the video. Its worth a try.

Yep...Yahooooooooooooo! My wifes computer at work would not access her SBC email in Yahoo.....kept telling her that the browser wasn't accepting cookies. So I changed the security profiles in the browser to enable cookies....nada.......rebooted in safe mode. Cookies were good. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......rebooted, disabled XP firewall....Nada,,......and then it hit me...McAfeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! It's a Dell machine (I just puked) and McAfee is bundled. One cute little part of their security bundle is "Internet Privacy"....a firewall of sorts...........disabled it and .......no problem..........we are becoming securitied to death!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom