Video Card Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
I have an XFX 6600gt AGP and they are running on 78.01.

On XFX's site, they offer the 66.93 drivers for its AGP 6xxx series cards.

Should i use the XFX drivers or the 78.01 or later drivers?

Thanks
Wayne

allways use the latest drivers as card specific drivers will be out dated and all new drivers are backward compatible

I personally only usethe microsoft certified driver for nvidia (77.77 being the latest one. 66.93 was the latest before that), because their non certified drivers have a history of working right for gaming while slowing the rest of your computer or they will sometime give you issues on playing mpeg files

ah, fair enough. i may just stick with my current drivers until the next ones get certified.

thanks Eric and Jim.

a lot of people have that. however too many people have issues too (just check the posts here). people never have issues with the Microsoft versions.

I won't use a driver past 77.77 on my 6200 PCI-E because they are incompatible with MCE 2005. nvidia is too big of a company to have these issues.

I remember having the 5200 when it first come out. if I use any driver that didn't come from windows updates, my computer would get slow as hell.

apokalipse said:
my FX-5200 is actually faster with the 81.85 drivers

that's probably true now, but I bought my 5200 card 3 years ago when it costs like a gazillion dollars. the card moved fast then but the rest of the computer didn't unless I use MS certified 46.53 version (I think that was the version name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom