Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRacer

In Runtime
Hey guys. I'm new here and wanted to know some good ways to cool down my pc. I have a Compaq Presario, and it's fairly new, but the CPu runs at about 45C with no load. Every once in awhile it'll drop down abit, but no lower hten 43C. It only have 1 fan in it, and was thinking about getting some more for it, but wasn't sure if that'd be the best way to go. Also, I'd like to OC abit. I have 1G RAM, a 2.8Ghz Intel Celeron D, and have no clue about my mother board or video card. I want a new video card, but figured I might OC my current one abit until I can afford the new one (6800GT hopefully). What would you guys recommend I OC for gaming? And what would be the best way to cool it (which kinds of fans). Thanks

BTW- I'm having problems running BF2 on ym pc. I install it and launch it, but nothing plays. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

I don't think you can overclock Prebuilts, I know that is a fact for dells, but most prebuilt manufacturers lock those BIOS settings.

If the case has extra fan slots such as back fan and front fan depending on thier size it is easy to buy fans for it. You could also look to changing to a better heatsink and fan depending on the Socket type.

If your board has a AGP or PCI E slot then you can get a new video card, however if it only has PCI slots, then that measn you have intergrated graphics and that could be why BF2 isn't playing well or at all. Im not sure how to describe slot types to you, PCI are usally white, AGP and PCI Express are usally at the top of all slots and are a differen't color like black or red or something.

i dont think you can over clock your CPU unless you flash your bios...cause by memory i think that HP, Dell, Compaq and so on..basicly any pre-built computer...the company locks it so u cant OC it...sux i kno....i have a HP...but im building my new system soon :)

-=Edit=-

hahaha STE we posted at the same time :p

A low end video card won't show that much difference even if you overclock, and I said low-end because your card is probably a cheap one because you got it with your compaq. Look into getting a new video card and better ram.

RockyZ said:
A low end video card won't show that much difference even if you overclock, and I said low-end because your card is probably a cheap one because you got it with your compaq. Look into getting a new video card and better ram.

I've already doubled my RAM...I now have 1G. Or did you mean get better Ram (better than pc2700)? If so, wouldn't I need a new MoBo also?As for the video Card, I just wanted to squeeze the extra little bit of performance I could out of it, but if it won't make much of a difference, never mind then. I guess I'll just have to wait for my 6800GT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom