processor ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr34ky

!!GAMER!!
I was working on my old comp and had my processor on my floor next my tool box and just like that my dog jumped on my bed with my case on it and before I knew it, my case crashed strait on to my processor (what LUCK).So I would like to buy a new processor, Its a 478 socket 2.66ghz P4 on a stock dell mobo.
Was wonder if a regular 478 socket processor would work or does it have to be compatible with the motherboard, and also
do you just put it in or do you have to do all kinds of stuff please help me. Also I dont care about performance so I was going to
get a celeron d cuase their cheap or is their much diff for a low performacne computer.

not sure aboutcompatability as i've never worked with intel systems but.. you'd have to get thermal grease (reccomend arctic silver) to go betweel the heatsink and the chip.

what exactly did it do to it? have you tried putting it back in? did he crack the mobo?

ooooo... thats not good.. theres nothing you can do about broken pins sadly enough to my knowledge.. :( time for a new one :D

and by that i mean new dog and cpu

Thats what I thought but didnt know if I would have to reprogram it but I guess its the same exact thing as my old one a 478socket.

Thats what I thought but didnt know if I would have to reprogram it but I guess its the same exact thing as my old one a 478socket.Ohh I didnt get a dell my dad did and he just wasted
2k on an xps which was alright but it was mostly exspensive becuase of the 24" digital widesrceen (bad eye site I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom