video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

dms0813

In Runtime
im faily new at all this and would like to have some suggestions.

well i have a brand new comp that i would like to make a gaming comp. i will be upgrading the ram to about 1.5g's. i have a AMD 64 3200+ proccessor. and im gonna be adding a video card in my PCI-E slot. my question is in my computer manual it said if i buy a grafic card they highly reccomend ATI. now what if i wanted a differenct brand? am i allowed to mix and match? i know your not supposed to for RAM but does it matter for a video card? also i was looking at the Sapphire Radeon x700 card, what you think? good? bad? if so please recommend a good card. My price range is about $150 down.

thanks
dave

6600GT

who cares what the manual says lol

unless your board is a nF3 chipset then its bad

ive heard alot of good things about the 6600gt whats the price? who makes it? and what site can i find it at. also how do i know if its capable with my mother board?

nah with those specs an fx5500 nvidia would be fine. I wonder where he could go for that. (clears throat) mhmmm...

no at minimum 6600gt with his price range but you should save a little more so you can get higher quality for just a little more (6800)
But yeah I think all ATI cards should be burned just like I did with my frist and ONLY ati card.6600gt is a good choice.Evga has a policy, where you can upgrade,not sure of the policy but my brother got me a 6600gt and he just upgraded it a week later to a 6800 which was better.I play BF2 mostly at high settings.

or you could do dual 6600gt for about that price and that would be pretty nice.But that is not what u want but if your setting up a gaming computer I would set up your graphics,everything else seems nice though.

dms0813 said:
ive heard alot of good things about the 6600gt whats the price? who makes it? and what site can i find it at. also how do i know if its capable with my mother board?

you have to find out what slot you have, and whats your power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom