Next Gen Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully they come out soon...im waiting on dx10 and the new amd socket to come out....

wheneva all this comes out is when i build my new computer :)

Theres not going to be a dx10... it's basicly going to be a dx9.0d with a different name.

no he means like now pci-e cards are running at 8x he is wondering if the new cards will use the other 8 lanes of pci-e thus the 16x question

correct me if i am wrong

matt2m said:
no he means like now pci-e cards are running at 8x he is wondering if the new cards will use the other 8 lanes of pci-e thus the 16x question

correct me if i am wrong
Not exactly I was just making sure that the new cards are going to be PCI-E compatible but your question is good too. :D

Well wasnt the Windows Vista DX (Codename Longhorn) gonna be DX10 or Avalon? Everybody was saying it was gonna be DX10 and the desktop was gonna be an all new interface and everything and will take advantage of the PCI-E 16x graphics blah blah. If Vista is running an optimized 9 still then there is deffinately no reason to get it PERIOD.

matt2m said:

correct me if i am wrong
umm. all current mid to high end cards DO run at 16x mode... they just don't use all the bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom