Backup to CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_F1

In Runtime
Anyone here knows how to backup my 40GB file to CD? if I have a 700MB CD, do i need at least 8 CDs to backup my entire file?
I know how to copy a file to Cd using Nero and Roxio but what i want is, i dont want to manually save each folder to the CD.. I dnt know the exact term for that kind of Backup where u can save the entire file without messing up their folders. I hope i can give you a clear picture of what im asking here, i just dont know the exact phrase for it. anyway, its like in a floppy where you can save an entire operating system with at least 9 floppys.
i would be glad if someone knows what im trying to discuss here. :)

Thanks. More power to tech-heaven!

yah, ive seen that before on windows 95 era. but i dont know exactly what program they used.. its like you partition the entire program and save each partion on each of the 9 floopy.. (or 8?)

Yes i have heard that too for older operating systems. By the way.....how much space does windows 95 take actually on the HD?

the program was diskdupe™ to copy over to floppy's .. allowed floppys to hold more than the allocated space .. i dont think it applies to cd's though .. i still have my 95 on floopy :D

and it takes 13 floppies to hold 95 ..

any link to this diskdupe software? my collegues then use RAR but i dont know how they did that. I just want to use the same technology on CD's

Suppose u could use winrar to compress each 1gb to 700mb or whatever.....but other than that dunno really. Why do u need to backup one whole hdd? theres no point in copyin prog files/windows etc? unless u use norton ghost... But then u need a new hdd really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom