Problems with power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did it, got the aforementioned PSU and installed it last night. It is a good quality PSU, and its 550 watts output has (so far) solved my crashing/hardware detection problems.

There is a but, their advertising slogan of ‘see it without hearing it’ can only apply if you are ~

1. profoundly deaf
2. wearing very good quality ear defenders
3. have the volume on (insert favourite game here) turned up quite high
4. are actually ‘seeing it’ through binoculars from 500 meters

which brings me to my next point, how can I shut the thing up a bit. It runs almost cold, so I have not ruled out soldering some low value resistors in series with the fans. If anyone has any bright ideas on improving its current noise output, please divulge them.

Thanks in advance.

LV38_Eagle, does that PSU have a sensor that measures temps, to regulate the fan speeds? If so, set the sensor near the coolest part of the case.

It has a temp sensor but its internal, and from startup, it doesnÂ’t get any more noisy so I guess its at its slowest setting already. I have worked hard on this PC to make it cool and quiet, I have got the cool part, 38/40 degrees idle, 46/48 under load, and I am doing well with the quiet.

I may have exaggerated a bit in my previous post, it isn’t ‘sounds like a Hoover’ noisy, just noisy enough to annoy me, and make me wonder if there is anything I can do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom