I could fry eggs on my pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No what I'm saying is it's not healthy for a drive to operate at that temperature...regardless of poor airflow they should not generate that much heat, if your drive really is running that hot it sounds defective and you should RMA

Normal drive operating temperature is 40-50, you can't be serious in thinking that bad ventilation is accounting for a double in temperature

For a comparison turn your stove up all the way and put your hand over it...then turn on your computer and put your hand over your drive, they should be roughly the same if it's really above 110C

Well...for the BEST readings...see if your motherboard has drivers provided--most seem to these days (if the computer is self-built).

And you don't need a full tower, but they sure are nice, space-wise! You just need to be tidy with the wires--tape them against the top, or better yet, get one of the newer PSU's that allow you to attach only what you need...!

I dunno...seems nice anyway.

Yeah I might RMA it, although when its hot its certainly not untouchable I can hold it, just warm so maybe its a problem with the S.M.A.R.T facility. Or my drivers need updating for my motherboard. I still think I`ll get a new case though I plan to upgrade later next year once the AMD M2 motherboard is out.

Take the side pannel off your computer, put a little desk fan next to it blowing air into your case and open the windows to your room. Make sure whatever you place the fan on though isn't too dusty. Dust is another huge reason you could be overheating. If your temps are still high you know it's a faulty HDD but if the temps decrease significantly then you know it's poor airflow due to your wires, case fans, or case itself.

If you don't want to spend money on a new case, then mod it with some 120mm fans to improve airflow.

Lick your finger and touch the top of your hard drive. If it's not burning hot to your finger, the harddrive temperature is a lie

well Iv opened my pc and left my hdd outside its now at temps from 40C to 50C without the hdd fans turned on so it must be a case ventilation problem. And its not hot at all when I touch it. So guess its time to buy a new case and some fans :)

how much are you willing to spend? I bet some people around here would have some good suggestions...

my case has a handle (very usefull feature)*see it in avatar

but the cow on the front is getting annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom