I could fry eggs on my pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
hi,

I bought a new hard drive SATA western digital 120GB, and it was overheating to about 80C so Iv bought a new PSU an antec truepower 550W, 2 case fans, and 2 hdd fans. So I put all of these in my pc and now the hdd is at 110C!! and my other parts have also gone up in temp. Is itbecause of my case now having more wires due to the new PSU. I have a small case I was hoping someone could recommend a good case for air flow and wire control, as at the moment all I can do it let the wires hang around no space to put them.

any help would be most appriciated thankyou :)

thought i might need a full tower lol well im willing to spend whatever it takes, And since buying a new dvd writer and im losing space. Thanks for your help guys, and 110C is very hot indeed! considering my current hdd is at only 34C.

baronvongogo said:
and 110C is very hot indeed! considering my current hdd is at only 34C.

that was probably towards me...

I deleted that comment right away *I was thinking of farenhiet... , lol:eek:

lol thought you might of been :) well thanks for your help i`ll check out some cases, just got alot of air flow problems with so many wires in the way. Hopefully these hdd fans might do some good as well.

Look into getting round cables for your HDDs, opticals, and floppy drive. They're not very expensive, and they allow the air to flow.

Are you by any chance using Speedfan?

I don't think you realize just how hot 110C would feel...if your hard drive was anywhere near that temperature you couldn't put your hand anywhere near the drive without getting burned...and your drive would start corrupting this way and that

For reference boiling point is 100C

Im using everest and hdd thermometer they both went nuts the drive was hot but not skin burning :) I turned off my pc as soon as I got the temp readings. Id still rather play it safe and buy a new ventilated case and better air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom