What to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalky

Baseband Member
I need help, i have this computer http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/faq/pc/3309.htm
I also upgraded the graphics card to a Radeon 9700 pro. The problem i have is that i understand this motherboard only supports up to AGP 4x and my card supports 8x. Would it be a good idea to buy a mb that supports 8x or upgrade some other component to improve gaming visuals/performance? Oh and what is the highest processor and ram i can put in?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Yea get a good board that will support the newer things for a good time, and get soem higher quilty ram 512 works but the computer works at its best when you hit over 1 gig. Plus remember it helps to use duel chanel so if you can get two sticks of 512.

ok, just been out and bought a MSI nForce 2 ULTRA 400 Chipset Based K7N2 Delta. Will this suffice? Will gettwo sticks of 512 ram when i can afford it.

Thanks for help

Andy

you could get a new processor for $82 (XP 2500+ @ 333FSB) all the way up to $229 (XP 3200+ @ 400FSB)

Yeah, a new processor should do you good. Buy it before the memory if money is an issue. The 2500+ comes highly recommended, as it is very overclockable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom