Help - My screen goes dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YooDooRight

Beta member
Hi,

Im recently having grave problems with my PC Laptop. I'd say 99% of the time it is unusable due to the screen suddenly going very dark, i can slightly make out whats on the screen and can hear the computer working (mouse clicks etc.) but thats all. Anyone know if this is a common issue and how i can fix it? I'm not sure wether its a virus or a hardware issue.

Thanks,

YDR.x

I would shutdown the computer, and remove the battery. I have only had this problem on one laptop. I remove the battery and put it back in it seems to work fine but this is only a temp fix. My guess is hardware but the persons laptop was so old it isn't even worth troubleshooting the problem further. Also you could try to lighten the screen with the fn functions on the keyboard the control the contrast and brightness but i doubt that is the problem.

And if all else fails, you could try call up the laptop manufacturer, most of them have a helpdesk or something

:( I can't wait for the day when you can build your own laptop from scratch.. I hate the propritaryness out there atm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom