need fast help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
Okay, I'm very ill today and I come to school and find out that my band teacher's PC is plagued by something that is making it slower than molasses and there is this new thing called "my search bar" that has appeared in the bottom right corner by the clock on the task bar. She's running XP Pro and it's on a 2.4 ghz P4 with 256 mb DDR and a 30 Gb HDD. In the Processes window, there is a process called "Search.exe" and it is using about 24 megs of RAM... The computer performance viewer has a strange 'blip' every few seconds where the CPU usage jumps to 100% and then back to 2%...
She and I would really like this problem fixed... Other computers in the school also have some of these problems... (that's what happens I guess when you let kids who don't know what they're doing use someone else's computer:rolleyes: )

Oh! Another thing that ticks me off, is the pop-ups!:mad: She has some sort of pop-up virus that causes pop-ups to just. show up! You don't even have to be on the internet... one popped up the other day in word...

Being sick and coming to school to see this... It makes me wanna hurl the computer off the third floor!!!:mad:

Okay well, see... The bell rang before I could get anything done, but I think that will help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom