Car Neon Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
I pulled a neon out of my truck, and as most of you may know, automobiles use 12v on everything. So this light happens to be 12v too. Where in my PSU can I find 12v of power? I have a molex connector I've salvaged if that helps, but I do want to know where I can get a steady 12v. Thanks fellas. Sorry for the newbish question.

Ryan

the molex connectors are 12v. If you need to make sure just hook up a voltmeter. When connecting the neon use the red(power) and black(neutral) wires to connect the neon. I did the same thing. Worked great but got a little to hot for my linking so I got rid of it. But had it in my case for over 2 months.

It is possible as long as you use the YELLOW AND NOT RED LINE, Red is 5+ and Yellow is 12+, BUT the light can cause problems and such with the hardware........... I've done this several times and it eventually corrupted my HDD and i couldnt boot...

Yea connect a Molex connector on that thing and use the black and yellow lines off a conector of your PSU and youll be set. The last neon light i had blew up on me and im not gonna pay another 15$ for one to blow up again.

don't worry fellas. I got 'er rigged up. Thanks for the help dudes. I kinda made an assumption it was yellow because sometimes fans sprout their power from the yellow and black... and they're 12v, so I answered my own question. Thanks guys.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom