monitor sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I have my default XP screensaver set for 30 minutes, which is fine, then I have my option to turn off the monitor set at 5 hours. Waking the monitor up is a problem.

I found that the only way to wake the monitor up is with the Esc key. My mouse becomes disabled during sleep mode and it won't wake up.

Could there be any settings that are causing my mouse to become disabled/non functional during sleep mode?

It could be on the settings of the screensaver you use. I would check the settings and see if it disables wake from mouse. Also just a suggestion you should reduce the time from 5 hours to an hour or 2. No reason if the PC is not in use to ahve a screensaver running for 5 hours before the monitor shuts off.

Re:

Hello,

If your system is set to go into sleep / standby mode, then adjusting power management settings for your mouse might fix the issue . . . Control Panel > System > Hardware Tab > Device Manager . . . . .

. . . . .then expand the Mouse and other pointing devices in the device tree, then right-your mouse and go to properties...then click on the Power Management Tab and check the box that says: Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom