quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMajor said:
Windows key+pause/break. Then go to device manager. Much faster. No need to type.

That's the one I had in mind for the sys properties dialog. I think if you use dev management a lot, typing it in run would be faster bc you could just type "dev"+arrow(down)+enter and you'd be there.

Dan

True or False

In windows Xp, if timmy creates a new folder on the desktop and Labels it "Programs"...

it will give a warning if he tries to delete or move it

A RLL Hard drive from the 80s got it's name because of the way it stores data, run length limited

a MFM hard drive got it's name the same way, Modified Freq Modulation

an IDE HD's name is Integrated drive electronics, meaning the controller is on the drive , what data format does this drive use to write data ?

Nope uses RLL run length limited the first IDE used this, and as far as I know the modern ide also, just like the old 5 meg full height RLL drives with ther ISA controller. ah the old days...running the debug command to format the HD, dos ver 3

Timmy is cleaning his motherboard one day with compressed air when he is called away for ritual sacrifice. When he kills the calf, he begins convulsing so violently that he spills blood on his white robes. Timmy gets so mad that he stomps on his motherboard with his foot, cracking it clean in two.

The next day, slightly calmer, he assesses the situation. No components (RAM, CPU, PCI cards, etc) were broken, but the motherboard is snapped. As it happens, the warantee on the motherboard expired two days before the incident, and Timmy doesn't want to scrap his $200 motherboard.

Can Timmy repair the broken motherboard?

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom