Solid State Member
Currently in my system are 2 x 512mb sticks

400mhz
pc3200

I recently purchased a 1gb stick of Corsair XMS Pro

400mhz
pc3200

Now to the problem

On boot up only 1024mb are recognised, in system information in windows only 1024mb are recognised.

Now...

Using CPU-Z 2048mb are recognised, this just makes me wonder whether or not my system is making use of the full 2 gb.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

i'd try changing the order the memory is in first, then make sure your comp has Dual channel mode disabled to avoid issues with that..

if that fails, Lookup the memorys specs and see what your motherboard specifically supports memory wise (motherboards can be *****y when you fill up more than two slots depending on what they like) also check the ram and make sure your CL settings aren't lower than the new one supports or what not.

that's my best idea//

btw.. generally adding ram to a dual channel setup is depromental if you allready have 1gb, as you'll loose about 15-30% performance. Only really need 2gb if you're caching a lot of stuff in ram or have your AGP apeture pretty **** huge.

if you want to upgrade ram and still get the performance you have to get two (usually identical memory) of the same size

Sorry about this but im not too bright when it comes to the technical stuff.

Would it be possible to run 2 x 512 sticks in dual channel ( what i currently have) plus a 1gb stick in single channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom