Help Asap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam_not_2fast4u

Daemon Poster
hi i need help i installed a new mobo on my intel computer. i was a dell demntion 3000 it never came with a windows reinstallation disk. i called dell they said that this modle would nver need a reinstallation disk becasue , they said somthing about the hard drive. what do i do now? i have a disk barrowed from my buddy but i cant activate it for some reason thanks for your help

You would never need an installation CD because the OS is already on the hard drive. You need to buy another copy of windows.

And I'm surprised you were able to get the old motherboard out, lol.

It said it couldn't activate during install? Sometimes it won't. You have to click on the activate now button in Windows and try it over the internet. If that doesn't work call the number you're given and have the product key ready cause you'll need it.

take it to bestbuy and give them your serial number

thats what i had to do when i was installing XP pro on my gateway lappy

paid 80 bucks to make it work lol

iam_not_2fast4u said:
i have a disk barrowed from my buddy but i cant activate it for some reason thanks for your help

If you borrowed the disc from a friend you would not be able to use his serial anyways. If you want a licensed copy of windows xp you will need to fork over some money for it.

you can use his friends disk if it is XP home, cause XP pro the serial number goes to microsoft and you can never use it again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom